Tuesday 9 February 2010

Paying It Forward In The Name Of Enlightened Self-Interest

Do you remember the film called 'Pay it Forward' with Kevin Spacey, Helen Hunt and Haley Joel Osment? I really enjoyed that film and its message that if we help other people without letting them pay us back, and they help other people in their turn, then the whole world would ultimately be a better place.

Now I know, I could help some people and they may just shrug their shoulders and not Pay It Forward to the next person and in theory then, the whole thing would fall apart and the world would not become a better place at all. And this is of course what does happen, some people who have received gifts or favours from others do not pass it on to others and selfishly sit on their little pile and stay there.

But even if not all the people Paid It Forward does that mean the world did not actually improve at all?

Say I paid for three people to join a programme that has a one time only fee, and two of those people decided to do the same thing and pay it forward for three people each, but the third person did not. Do the maths, my one act of paying forward has helped nine people, not 12. And though the maths may not be as perfect as a 100% success rate, it still has caused a change in the lives of nine people.

Now how about, if the paying it forward also actually helped the original person, in this case, me. It would then become a case of enlightened self-interest. By helping three people into a position where they can earn good money, I am also helping myself to earn good money. That sounds ok to me. My sponsor paid it forward for me, I now want to do the same for the first three people that request the same from me. The cost to me will be $33.00 for those three people, the return will be significantly more.

So, if you are interested contact me either by writing to me at pi4ward4a4tune@gmail.com or by sending me a PM on TrafficEra, where I surf as sekhmetgb. You email will not be sold, rented out, given away, or in any way used to spam you, it will only be used for details regarding the pif scheme for 4x1 Fortune.

2 comments:

  1. wonderful idea Louise and count me in and I am willing to also sponsor 3 members

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just Requested , Please Give Me The Opportunity To Join And Working With You .

    ReplyDelete